cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 8. MSDP recovery

AndriiPushkarov
Level 4

Hi all, 

I moved the media server from MSDP to another master.

The result of the MSDP configuration: ..system call failed (11) RDSM has encountered an STS error: ...

Repeat configuration:

Login credentials verification failed for server. Credential already exist (99).

How to fix MSDP?

It is required to save the data.

Thanks in advance for answer

Andrii

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Recovered the configuration files \ msdp_data \ etc \ puredisk \. MSDP is functional.

Thank you for the answers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Can we please take a step back - 

What steps have you followed to remove the media server and MSDP config from old master?
What steps have you followed to add the media server to new master server? 
.... and vice versa - have you removed old master/EMM server from media server and added new master/EMM to media server? 

Media Server added to new Master. MSDP on the old master stayed. Media server deactivated. On the new server: New Storage Server> Meia Server Deduplication pool> ... I've done this before. Today I made a mistake. In the first configuration step, I assigned "storage patch" and "use alternative path for deduplication database ...". Correctly toko "storage patch". MSDP has lost credentials. How to setup?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Apologies I don't understand what a  "storage patch" is. 
You probably meant 'path' and not 'patch'.

We also don't know if Master server and EMM entries have been correctly updated on the media server.

IMHO, best to firstly disconnect the MSDP drive, then follow the steps to remove MSDP from the config, then re-add. 
The MSDP guide describes how to remove storage server config, but more steps may be needed depending on what has been configured :
https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/25074086-127355784-0/v63572089-127355784

Herewith similar post:
https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/Move-Media-server-and-MSDP-to-new-Master-server/td-p/833508

Best will be to log a Support call with Veritas. 

Recovered the configuration files \ msdp_data \ etc \ puredisk \. MSDP is functional.

Thank you for the answers