cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup AIR - Replication Network Interface

zairil
Level 3

Hi All,

My netbackup has 2 interface 10.2.2.xx and 10.2.185.xx. How Can I force the image replication to use 10.2.185.xx instead of using 10.2.2.xx?. Now when I do image replication it will go through 10.2.2.xx. 

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HI @zairil 

The interface used for replication (or any NetBackup operation for that matter) is really controlled by the host OS routing and not NetBackup - there are some exceptions to this but let's ignore that for now.

To make your replication use the second interface you will probably have to either add a network route for the DR site's network range via that interface. Talk to your network guys on what might be required.

Regards
David

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

@zairil where are you replicating the images?? Does that host have two interfaces in the same IP range?

On the host where you are replicating, you can update the host file and map the 10.2.855.xx ip to your primary Netbackup. Try this and the secondary host will use the IP that you want to communicate & AIR, understand that even netbackup communication will happen over this IP hence forward. This is one of the easiest solutions that I can think of right away.

@Tape_Archived , I replicating images to another netbackup server at DR site. I use two interface with different IP range, 

first interface : 10.2.2.xxx (management purpose interface)

Second interface : 10.2.85.xxx ( for replication interface)

for this AIR setup where I can file the setting from admin GUI and appliance web UI?

HI @zairil 

The interface used for replication (or any NetBackup operation for that matter) is really controlled by the host OS routing and not NetBackup - there are some exceptions to this but let's ignore that for now.

To make your replication use the second interface you will probably have to either add a network route for the DR site's network range via that interface. Talk to your network guys on what might be required.

Regards
David