cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup API for RHV backup

JOS-DCS
Level 2

Dear all expects,

I need to implement the RHV backup in Netbackup version 10. It seem that the Netbackup WebUI is the only way to configure the VM level backup but it need to configure using AdvancedDisk for the storage configuration. In our requirement, we need to implement the VM backup job using tape device.

I found that there have a Netbackup API can help to create the backup job which bypass the WebUI. Is it possible to backup the RHV using the Tape device?

Regards, 

Michael

3 REPLIES 3

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Hi @JOS-DCS 

In general with very few exceptions, the backup type (oracle, SAP. VM) and the storage device type is not bound to each other. You may lose certain benefits switching storage device from disk to tape. E.g no acceleration or client side deduplication using tape, so what storage device type to use is always worth considering.

I can't help you with RHV part :(

Best Regards

Nicolai

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

an extract from RHV webUI guide:

If you want to use a storage that is not available through the NetBackup Web
UI like a tape or basic disk based storage unit, you can use APIs or command
line options to protect the VMs

So once a policy is created via webUI with a "wrong" storage unit, you can fix it via bpplschedrep CLI command. I am not personally experienced with RHV backups, but this should work.

Regards

Michal

Dear Michal,

How to create the policy using the "wrong" storage unit? We do not have OpenStorage license to create the storage unit for the RHV backup so we cannot create the policy in WebUI.

Regards,

Michael