cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Active Directory Agent

soofy
Level 4

My Netbackup master server is on windows 2003. I want to backup my Active Directory server in order to restore the active directory objects (user, OU or computers) which sometime deleted. Do anybody have experinced this??????

4 REPLIES 4

FrSchind
Level 5
Partner
The Active Directory is included in the System State backup of the Directory Server. Since the last NBU Update, you can perform a granular recovery, but this requires nfs-Services on the client and server. Look into the Windows Admin Guides for more details: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290282.htm

Deepak_W
Level 6
Partner Accredited

For Backup -
Backup system state of the server. System state includes the following

soofy
Level 4
Can anybody tell from his experince, If any of my Active Directory object is deleted. Would I be able to recover thorugh the System state backup I have taken in Netbackup policy.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
As per Frerks answer above, since the last NBU update (6.5.4) you can perform granular recovery, but there are a few requirements that need to be in place for this to be possible (& in place before the backup was taken, presumably).

See Chapter 4: Active Directory Granular Recovery in the follwoing TechNote: Veritas NetBackup™ 6.5.4 Documentation Updates