cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Admin Console - Win or Java version on Win 7 64bit

molonede
Level 3
We currently running Netbackup 6.0 and I am having trouble installing the Admin Console 64 bit version on Windows 7 64 bit client OS.  The Windows version sometimes go through the install and I can get a console up, but it won't connect to the Master server.    It then can cause windows to role itself back and not even appear as a program.  

I can't even find a Java 64 Bit version to install, and if I try the 32bit it tells me it can't install it on a 64 bit version.  Is there a way to bypass this check, install it and still get it to run?

We are going to go to Netbackup 6.5.5, but supposedly the admin console is still not supported win 7 64 bit.  

I just need the Admin Console to monitor the Activity Monitor and occasionly kick off a backup.

Any help, ideas, would be appreciated.

Thanks
Doug
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Try this (extract from 6.5.4 Downloads:(
CD Image NB_6.5.4.Winx64_CD.exe provides a media refresh to 6.5.4 for Veritas NetBackup (tm) servers and clients only on Windows 2008 and Windows 2008 Server Core x64 platforms, and for new installs on Windows 2003 x64 platforms
Note:  This CD also contains the x64 Java console...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MattS
Level 6
I think for java 64bit you need to have IE64 installed.  Hope that helps.

lu
Level 6
You can also try to install NOM (for monitoring and restarting backups)

molonede
Level 3

MattS, no it does not help.  If you mean Internet Explorer 64bit, yes its installed.  I can't even find an install for java 64bit version of the console.

Lu, what is NOM?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Try this (extract from 6.5.4 Downloads:(
CD Image NB_6.5.4.Winx64_CD.exe provides a media refresh to 6.5.4 for Veritas NetBackup (tm) servers and clients only on Windows 2008 and Windows 2008 Server Core x64 platforms, and for new installs on Windows 2003 x64 platforms
Note:  This CD also contains the x64 Java console...

MattS
Level 6
Oooh, i thought you were looking for 64bit Java by itself. 

lu
Level 6
Netbackup Operation Manager. It's a web interface for basic monitoring/ops. It's a free NBU software.