Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup BMR discovery error

florin_s
Level 4
Certified

Hello,

i have configured a BMR master server on a linux 7.5.0.6 master server.

also configured a BMR boot server on a 2008 R2 and configured 2 SRT one for x32 and one for x64 (both at 7.5.0.6)

i have 2 issues:

1. for a win2003 SP2 standard i cannot start a prepare to restore/discovery cause the error message is that no SRT's are available

2. for a 2008 standard i cannot initiate a discovery because the error i get is: the requested operation could not be completed the server returned code 1

need some help....

thanks,

florin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

florin_s
Level 4
Certified
5 REPLIES 5

inn_kam
Level 6
Partner Accredited

BUG: Failed to create SRT for Solaris SPARC 10u10/u11 in NetBackup 7.5.0.5/6, [Error] V-125-447 Unable to install Symantec NetBackup Client software into the SRT

Article:TECH210379  |  Created: 2013-09-08  |  Updated: 2013-09-19  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH210379

plz copy and paste the logs /usr/openv/logs/bmrd/*.log

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

How is Solaris bug supposed to help with BMR problem on Windows?

florin_s
Level 4
Certified

i've created a new SRT after running a full backup for those servers and now i can select the SRT when trying to prepare to restore/discover.

however i still get the erorr "the requested operation could not be completed the server returned error code 1"

florin_s
Level 4
Certified

Symantec support traced the problem to the NAT between the master server and the BMR boot server.

seems that when initiating discovery phase the master server is trying to reverse lookup itself using the NAT ip defined on the remote network... managed to get around this by putting master server actual IP adress when initiating discovery phase and then doing a manual discovery from the BMR created boot cd and changing the master IP adress to the NAT one.

another issue we've run into though is that BMR discovery is not picking up Hyper-V guest VM storage/network drivers... i'm now looking for a driver pack that is used by Hyper-V to be able to manually insert the needed drivers.... anyone know anything about where i could get them?

florin_s
Level 4
Certified