Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Backup DAG Exchange

MSI_iqbal
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi, 

There will be any issue if i backup active database in Full backup but backup passive database in Incremental. The real issue is when i backup incremental in passive database error 130 or another snapshot error happened. And when i backup full in active database same error happened no matter how many times i restart services or server. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6

Thanks for correcting me Marrianne. What I meant was for two different backup set we would require separate policy and then you can configure backups as per your needs.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Please show us all text in Details tab of failed job. This normally gives an indication of where to start troubleshooting. Please also tell us NBU version, Windows version and Exchange version.

MSI_iqbal
Level 5

Hi Marianne,

I already open case for the failed job, this is just some temporary solution as case progress is taking a while. 

Marianne
If you want assistance from this community, you need to give us something to work with. If you don't need our assistance, there is really no point in this discussion. Unless you would like to share your experience and solution with us. But you have indicated that you need a solution, right?

MSI_iqbal
Level 5

well, i just ask if its ok to backup full in passive database and backup incremental in active database?

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6

Hi MSI_iqbal,

Technically you can perform the Full of Passive node databases and Incremental of active databases by creating separate policies. 

About the error you need to either help us with some inputs or work with support.

Marianne
Full and Inc schedules should always be in the same policy (except for DB Agents ). So, Full and Inc should be from same source.

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6

Thanks for correcting me Marrianne. What I meant was for two different backup set we would require separate policy and then you can configure backups as per your needs.

MSI_iqbal
Level 5

Thanks All, the error has been solved by support. The policy is backup passive database.