traghav86
Level 5

Good day

Please advise how can i improve netbakcup perfomance

Please advise i  have netbackup Environment with below servers

1. Master server 7.7.3-Windows- 20GB Bonded network
2.Media server 7.7.3 -Windows - 20GB Bonded network
3.Data domain - 10GB If gorup

4.Data domain 10GB added to netbackup media host file entires.

Backup speed is 80mbps max which on above enviroment which is not so good i think, all netbackup clients are connected 10gb interfaces.

Rahul
4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Data transfer starts with the client reading data from disk.
Test each client's ability to read data and produce the backup stream.

Google NetBackup Performance Tuning Guide for guidelines.

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Before you try to tune Netbackup, you need to know the actual performance of the underlying hardware like client disks/file systems/databases and network. And if you have a bottleneck you will know where it is.

Rarely seen 10 Gbit network, which actually performed better than around 5 Gbit.

Think the Planning & Performance tuning guide, would be of help to you.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

Hi Michael

This is new environment, i have invetsigated and confirmed that end to end connections are fine with 10GB there and coudlnt find any bottleneck.

is there a way to check in netbackup to see the throughput on backup completion instead of checking in activity monitor on mutliple data streams ?

Rahul

Sounds strange that iperf, nttcp or whichever tool you are using performs 10X better than netbackup which is usually pretty good at using the network bandwidth.

Can you post the measurements ?

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue