cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Client Migraton

Codedtech
Level 3

We are collapsing NBU domains, we need to move the clients before migrating the catalogs. I have roughly 800 clients to migrate in a 24 hour windows, I'd like to see of anyone has any time of run book to base mine on. I'm not very well versed in Unix, I have a Windows back ground.

6 REPLIES 6

RB-Infinitely
Level 4

Define what you mean with migrate? Just switching to the new master server server? If so, that isn't that difficult, as long as your name resolution is already in place for both source and target domains i.e. everything can resolve and connect to everything (Master, Media, and clients).

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please explain to us what exactly you want to move regarding ' moving the clients'.

About "collapsing NBU domains,  ...  migrating the catalogs" it seems that you want to merge various NBU domains/master servers, right?

If so, you need to contact a Veritas Consulting Partner. 

Merging NBU masters will merge and move the catalogs as well as the clients.

DOCUMENTATION: How to migrate the NetBackup catalog information from one platform to another (UNIX to Windows or vice versa), rename a Master Server, cluster an existing Master Server, or merge multiple NetBackup domains.
http://www.veritas.com/docs/000026956

Codedtech
Level 3

Basically I'm just trying to figure out how to add clients to a policy and or create a policy from the CLI.

So did you :)

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@RB-Infinitely wrote:

So did you :)

LOL! It helps if we know what to search for.

The opening post was not very clear on actual requirement...