cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Client installation Error

RISSOULY_Abdelh
Level 4

hello,

i'm trying to install Netbackup Client 7.5 on a Windows 2003 -CITRIX- server, but i get error  :

vxlogserver.jpg

Netbackup client 6.5.5 was installed  already so i remove it and then re-try to install 7.5 but i get the same error 

in the applicatino log, the only error i see is :

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    Application Error
Event Category:    (100)
Event ID:    1000
Date:        20/08/2015
Time:        12:40:46
User:        N/A
Computer:    
Description:
Faulting application wfshell.exe, version 4.0.2198.1, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.3790.3959, fault address 0x00038efa.

I disabled the Anti-virus, installed Microst .NET 3.5 SP1 and then rebooted the server but the error keeps poping up

When i try to install Netbackup client 7.6.1 nothing happen, no error nor installation progress.... Any idéas ??

>> Server : Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition SP2

>> Server is updated 

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

There is one call in the old helpdesk system, but after it was logged, the customer never came back to us, despite us trying to follow up with them.  Typically, this happens when they find a solution without our help, which 'might' be that the solution was found from one of the other vendors, again, I don't know and have no way of finding out.

Which brings me to my next point, at the moment, you don't necessarily have a NBU issue, and even if you do, I would start the troubleshooting with Citrix and MS, because I doubt there is anything in our logs that is going to help - it's not us that is failing.

wfshell.exe - Citrix

msvcrt.dll - MicroSoft

Now, I'm not suggesting we're not involved, we 'might' be but this doesn't appear to be a battle that we're going to solve within the forum, or dare I suggest via a support call without some assistance from the other vendors.  After all, it's not actually our code that is failing.  With crash analysis, maybe 'we' will be told we are doing something we shouldn't be which is cauing the application to fail, but even then, I would suggest that the failing code shouldn't crash, it should fail gracefully, with a nice error message - and this will never happen unless the vendors are told about it and make future improvements.  As it's 2003 (old) I don't know what the response/ support position is.

So, we need to work together to solve this.

Suggestion:

1/ Log a call with Citrix

2/ Log a call with MS

Request analysis on the failing code from both vendors, and explain that depending on the findings you will log a call with Symantec, or, if they need assistance with the understanding, you will do likewise.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

32-bit or 64-bit W2003?

RISSOULY_Abdelh
Level 4

sorr, i for got about that : 32 bits

RiaanBadenhorst

Looks like it relates to Citrix more. Similar but not exact error http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX109233

RISSOULY_Abdelh
Level 4

well, the issue is not resolved yet

RiaanBadenhorst

Different error or still the same?

RISSOULY_Abdelh
Level 4

still the same,

the raison why i said it's not resvoled yet, is that on others Citrix server i observed the same eventid mentionned above but the installation runs whitout errors

Marianne
Level 6

I have marked the Solution for Riaan's post as you have not replied in about 10 days.

The issue seems to be Citrix problem as per Riaan's post - not NBU.

You have not provided us with any other info except for the error that apparently is not the issue?

If you want to further pursue and troubleshoot this installation, please clear the solution that I have marked and then upload the NBU installation log.

RISSOULY_Abdelh
Level 4

the error mentionned above about Microsoft Visual C++ library if what i get when i lunch the installation so the log isnot genarated.

i removed Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 _x86 and then rebooted the server, after that i reinstalled all the version of microsoft Visual C++ : 2005, 2008 and 2010 whit SP1 and then rebooted te server but no sucess.

when i lunch installation, the error pops up i the very first beginning

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

There is one call in the old helpdesk system, but after it was logged, the customer never came back to us, despite us trying to follow up with them.  Typically, this happens when they find a solution without our help, which 'might' be that the solution was found from one of the other vendors, again, I don't know and have no way of finding out.

Which brings me to my next point, at the moment, you don't necessarily have a NBU issue, and even if you do, I would start the troubleshooting with Citrix and MS, because I doubt there is anything in our logs that is going to help - it's not us that is failing.

wfshell.exe - Citrix

msvcrt.dll - MicroSoft

Now, I'm not suggesting we're not involved, we 'might' be but this doesn't appear to be a battle that we're going to solve within the forum, or dare I suggest via a support call without some assistance from the other vendors.  After all, it's not actually our code that is failing.  With crash analysis, maybe 'we' will be told we are doing something we shouldn't be which is cauing the application to fail, but even then, I would suggest that the failing code shouldn't crash, it should fail gracefully, with a nice error message - and this will never happen unless the vendors are told about it and make future improvements.  As it's 2003 (old) I don't know what the response/ support position is.

So, we need to work together to solve this.

Suggestion:

1/ Log a call with Citrix

2/ Log a call with MS

Request analysis on the failing code from both vendors, and explain that depending on the findings you will log a call with Symantec, or, if they need assistance with the understanding, you will do likewise.