cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Client service 7.1 can't start because of symantec PBX service

Indjev
Level 4

Hello, community!
As you know Symantec pbx is now in Dependencies list for NetBackup Client service. Now I can't start the client service, because of symantec pbx service. And I can't start Symantec pbx service because of the following error:

"The Symantec Private Branch Exchange service terminated with service-specific error 9 (0x9)."

I think there is a way to remove a dependency but is it a good idea?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sarsingh
Level 4

In NBU 7.0.1, netbackup legacy client service has been introduced and netbackup client service depends on this service. You can remove the dependency from the registry and it seems to work fine. But I guess you cannot remove the pbx dependency as from 7.0.1 version, netbackup first tries to connect on pbx port. To test you can try bptestbpcd -client clientname -verbose and you will see that master server connects on port 1556 which is pbx port.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

watsons
Level 6

It is quite rare a PBX service could not be started, found this technote:  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH72654

If it is Windows-based, try to look into application log to see if there is any specific error. Best to call support to report this issue.

Indjev
Level 4

I already found this document, but it is with different error code. Is there any error code catalog where can I see the description of error 9?

There is nothing specific in the Windows logs.

Will_Restore
Level 6

Please check again, Windows Event Viewer, Application log

There should be corresponding Event ID ... with description of the trouble

sarsingh
Level 4

In NBU 7.0.1, netbackup legacy client service has been introduced and netbackup client service depends on this service. You can remove the dependency from the registry and it seems to work fine. But I guess you cannot remove the pbx dependency as from 7.0.1 version, netbackup first tries to connect on pbx port. To test you can try bptestbpcd -client clientname -verbose and you will see that master server connects on port 1556 which is pbx port.