cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Client unable to browse for restore, error error encountered trying to read database image

yahyazahedi
Level 3

Hi

I am running Veritas NetBackup 8.1.1 and 2 SQL cluster. I backup databases normally without any problem, but when it comes to restoring backups problem arise. Indeed, when I try to restore using NetBackup Client on SQL servers everything is fine and I can browse backup files easily. But when I try to browse the backup files from Master server, it shows me an error with these context "error encountered trying to read database images", while I can connect to SQL server and SQL connection properties is correct and reply me without error.

Veritas.pngVeritas2.pngVeritas3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@yahyazahedi wrote:

.... But when I try to browse the backup files from Master server, it shows me an error with these context "error encountered trying to read database images", 

You cannot restore MS-SQL or any database from the master server. 

You can only restore from the destination client where MS-SQL is up and running. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@yahyazahedi wrote:

.... But when I try to browse the backup files from Master server, it shows me an error with these context "error encountered trying to read database images", 

You cannot restore MS-SQL or any database from the master server. 

You can only restore from the destination client where MS-SQL is up and running.