cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Clustered Master Server licensing

Mazhar_Khan1
Level 3

Sorry but it was a bit tough to find a precise answer suitable for my situation

I have a customer that need backup master server in High Availabilty and customer has capacity based license of 250TB.

Do we need an additional license at NBU level for implementing it as a clustered master server?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Cluster license needed. 

You need a license  for the clustering software as well. But from the Netbackup side, you are good to go if using capacity based licenses model.

If using e.g StoreFoundation HA, 2 licenses are needed (one per node).

Clustered master servers are only supported on a new installs. You can't cluster a existing master server.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

capacity license covers unlimited number of Master Servers, both standalone and clustered.

Regards

Michal

Hello Michal

Thanks for the reply.

Means i can go for implementing the clustered Master Server without any additional license deployement.?

Regards,

Mazhar Khan

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Cluster license needed. 

You need a license  for the clustering software as well. But from the Netbackup side, you are good to go if using capacity based licenses model.

If using e.g StoreFoundation HA, 2 licenses are needed (one per node).

Clustered master servers are only supported on a new installs. You can't cluster a existing master server.

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

you will start to install Master Server and once prompted for license key, you will give capacity license key. Is it answer to your question? As Nicolai said, there are also OS and clusterware licenses needed for this implementation, however I presume these were not subject of your question.

Regrads

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the response.

My concern was licensing only related to NBU not cluster framework or OS license.

Regards,

Mazhar Khan