Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Compatabilitiy Version Compatability with Data Domain OS

sriharishkandul
Level 4
Certified

Hi All,

We are planning to upgrade our Data Domain OS version from 5.4.4.2 to 5.4.5.

Our current netbackup version is 7.5.0.7.

Could some please let me know if both these versions are compatible with each other and also let me know if the OST Plugin of the Data Domain on the media server should be updated. Our current version of OST Plugin is 2.6.2.0-410681

Thanks in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

2.6.2.0-410681 is still supports with your new patch 5.4.5

you can also upgrad the OST plug in to 3.0.x if you would like to .. that is also supported.. since you are going with DDOS upgrade. i would suggest you to go with OST plug in as well..

View solution in original post

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, you can do that but just for your information, NBU doesn't really care about the DD OS version, the only thing that is important is the plug-in version and whether it is compatible with NBU - see https://symwisedownload.symantec.com/resources/sites/SYMWISE/content/live/SOLUTIONS/76000/TECH76495/...

EMC provides a compatibility mapping between DD OS versions and Boost plug-in versions, you can obtain that matrix from the same place you download the Boost plug-in from.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

2.6.2.0-410681 is still supports with your new patch 5.4.5

you can also upgrad the OST plug in to 3.0.x if you would like to .. that is also supported.. since you are going with DDOS upgrade. i would suggest you to go with OST plug in as well..

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, you can do that but just for your information, NBU doesn't really care about the DD OS version, the only thing that is important is the plug-in version and whether it is compatible with NBU - see https://symwisedownload.symantec.com/resources/sites/SYMWISE/content/live/SOLUTIONS/76000/TECH76495/...

EMC provides a compatibility mapping between DD OS versions and Boost plug-in versions, you can obtain that matrix from the same place you download the Boost plug-in from.

sriharishkandul
Level 4
Certified

Thank you so much Ram and Mouse. As per your update i will reach out to EMC about this Plugin and DDOS version.

Thank you once again.