cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup DLO deletion retention issue

dropino
Level 3

Hi all, i'm using Netbackup DLO to backup workstation. I create a custom backup selection C:\ to backup PST but if the PST is inside a folder and the folder got deleted, the pst file inside will be gone too. I have set the retention for deleted item for 60days, but some how this is not working.

Anyone have any idea whats going on or is there any configuration settings to adjust...

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Was the PST file in the backup before the folder was deleted?

The default behavoir is to skip PST files in they have not been configured in Outlook

If they have been configured in Outlook then only one version is maintained so perhaps this is groomed once deleted as it replies on MAPI calls

dropino
Level 3

Hi not just pst, any doc or files will get deleted.. the doc & pst was indeed inside the backup... when i tried restore i can see them inside

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

In that case it will be a revision age setting or more likely your Maintenance Grooming settings causing the backup to be deleted after a period of time since the original folder was deleted - for a while it will be there with a rex cross but after grooming it will go

Hope this helps