cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Error 40/42 after upgrading to 6.52 from 5.1

vimal_bagmar
Level 2
Hi,

We have 4 data centres, each having 1 master ,2 media servers running Solaris 10.  After upgrading from 5.1MP2 to 6.52 at client side and 6.53 at master/media servers, I often get errors 40/42 during Weekly backup. 99% Daily backups are fine.
And it spans across different clients, not consistent to 1 client. Also noticed if number of small files are more, that servers are frequently afffected.
We have local zones backed up in many servers. Netbackup is installed/configured only at Global zone level.
Symantec call had no much help, unable to trace anything on logs.
Pls assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Android
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
The best place to start here would be to try and determine what performance you are getting writing data to tape and see how that compares to your performcance prior to the upgrade. 

Try and see if you are getting slower data transfer across the network, writing to tape, backing up more data, etc.  However without benchmarks from before the upgrade this may prove rather difficult to do.

I have read here in the forums reports from several people who state they have slower performance after the upgrading from one version to another.  Once instance was related to NDMP performance being much slower after the upgrade.  Another they were able to increase performance by turning down the logging level. 

For your successful backups (weekly) see if they are taking longer than they did before the upgrade and move forward from there to determine if this is performance related.

vimal_bagmar
Level 2
We do not have performance issue at all. When I downgrade to 5.1 mp4..it works perfectly.
Noticed errors when number of files are more at client side,or data is more
Updated this in bp.conf , but no help

LOCKED_FILE_ACTION = SKIP
CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT = 2700
CLIENT_CONNECT_TIMEOUT = 2700