cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Host-id

Shehkh4
Level 4

How can we remove the Netbackup Host ID from Netbackup Master Server? Previously I changed my client name and now the previous client name sits in the Host management.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Actually there were 2 Host ID's in Host Mgt , One was the with the old client name the other one was with the new one. The Certificate of that old client name was already revoked so I just right click the host in host mgt and clicked the "Reset Host Attributes" option and the GREEN LOCK UNLOCKED with red and my porblem was solved!!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @Shehkh4 

It is not possible to remove certificates/host-ids once created (without rebuilding the primary server). This is a feature and a security requirement (the hostid wouldn't be very secure if it was possible to simply remove it from the primary server). 

Leaving the old host-id/certificate on the master does not cause any issues what so ever. 

David

Actually there were 2 Host ID's in Host Mgt , One was the with the old client name the other one was with the new one. The Certificate of that old client name was already revoked so I just right click the host in host mgt and clicked the "Reset Host Attributes" option and the GREEN LOCK UNLOCKED with red and my porblem was solved!!!