cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Images Expired by mistake, Backup Images info needed from Activity log

Jas262
Level 3

We have Expired Images using command mode, My mistake we have also removed critical data. 

bpimagelist -U -idonly -policy MS-EXChange -d 03/07/2017 18:00:46 -e 07/17/2019 23:59:59

bpexpdate -backupid msx-01_1550782802 -d 0 -force

I have performed Phase 1 recovery in order to perform phase 2, I need Backup Images, which i don't have.

I tired opcenter reporting to get the Backup id's, no use.

can you help me to reach log file wehre i can pull Backup Images of deleted policies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Did you read the link? You've done step 1 and 2. In these steps NetBackup will read the headers on the tapes and find the backup images and put them back in the catalog.

This means that NetBackup is aware that backups exist for these clients and on which days they were taken, but it has no clue what the contents of the backups are. So you cannot browse and select what you want to restore.

Since you now have the ID's in the catalog, you can use step 3 to search for client ABC during time frame XYZ. Once you've got the backup ID you want, you then run the 2nd phase import which will scan that specific image in detail and put all the file detais in the catalog as well. Once you've got that, you can restore

I hope that is clear now.

1.  Under the Catalog section of the console, select Actions -> Initiate Import. 

2.  Enter the Media ID and Media Server in the Initialize Import box. 

3.  After the Phase 1 has been completed on all media, select the criteria in which to search for backup image(s) produced during the Phase 1 import.  The main search parameters are the media ID and/or a date time range covering the backup date.  Press Search Now to find the backup image(s) available for Phase 2 import. 

4.  Select/highlight one or more of the backup image(s) available for importing.  Right click on the backup  image(s) and select Import ( Do not select "Initiate Import" again).  This section of the import may take as long as the original backup (perhaps longer if the backups were multiplexed). 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi,

Check step 3. After phase 1 you need to search and then select for phase 2.

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/article.100017201.html

Are they on tape or on disk?

The Backup's were on both Disk and Tape, The data in the disk got Expired, I am getting back the data from tapes using the Second Phase.

The Expired data is 1 Year Old, It has more than 2000 records, I have inserted all 100 total Tapes and performed phase 1 process successfully.

In Phase 2 I need image ID's  in order to do bpimport, I have some image's recorded at the time of deletion, which i was able to import, The other Images which i didn't record i need to extract it from netbackup.

I tried OPscenter for Expiredimage data with policy didn't work, I have the deleted job's still in my Activity log, If i go in details i coudn't find Backup ID there.

How can i get the Expired Image ID's of a Policy using specific data?

Image cleanup job details.PNG

RiaanBadenhorst

Did you read the link? You've done step 1 and 2. In these steps NetBackup will read the headers on the tapes and find the backup images and put them back in the catalog.

This means that NetBackup is aware that backups exist for these clients and on which days they were taken, but it has no clue what the contents of the backups are. So you cannot browse and select what you want to restore.

Since you now have the ID's in the catalog, you can use step 3 to search for client ABC during time frame XYZ. Once you've got the backup ID you want, you then run the 2nd phase import which will scan that specific image in detail and put all the file detais in the catalog as well. Once you've got that, you can restore

I hope that is clear now.

1.  Under the Catalog section of the console, select Actions -> Initiate Import. 

2.  Enter the Media ID and Media Server in the Initialize Import box. 

3.  After the Phase 1 has been completed on all media, select the criteria in which to search for backup image(s) produced during the Phase 1 import.  The main search parameters are the media ID and/or a date time range covering the backup date.  Press Search Now to find the backup image(s) available for Phase 2 import. 

4.  Select/highlight one or more of the backup image(s) available for importing.  Right click on the backup  image(s) and select Import ( Do not select "Initiate Import" again).  This section of the import may take as long as the original backup (perhaps longer if the backups were multiplexed).