cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Images Folder - ALTPATH / registry entry

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have a site who are running 7504 and have the IMAGESDB_PATH registry entry in place.  I note this is no longer supported, but it is working currently working as expected in 7504.

I will shortly be upgrading this site to 7612 - and in order to be supported I guess I should resolve this issue.  However - how should I go about this ?

Do I need to create a directory for each server (with an ALTPATH entry) on the <inst path>\db\images directory pointing to my alternate location which currently contains all of the images and then remove the registry entry ?

Prior to moving this environment up to 7612 I will be re-homing the current 7504 Master Server onto new hardware using the catalog restore approach - I note the registry entry stopped being supported due to DR related issues.  Will the catalog restore work with this registry entry in place ?

AJ

3 REPLIES 3

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

An alternative could be to mount the disk containing the images under the db/images folder on the disk where netbackup is installed and making sure that the catalog is set cross mountpoints

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

The re-homing of the 7504 master server was successful - and the catalog import ran with no issue.  I planted the IMAGESDB_PATH registry entry in place beffore the catalog restore, and had the root directory for the alternate images location created.  All went well.

I am now concerned about the 7612 upgrade - do I leave the regisrty entry in place or do I create 400+ directories with an ALTPATH file in the <install path>\netbackup\db\images directory and remove the registry entry......  I know which I would prefer !

AJ

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Just to cllose this one off I performed the 7601 upgrade followed by the 7612 upgrade on the master server and all media servers - all was successful.  One issue encountered following the upgrade was the catalog backup failing on the image copy step with a status 11.  I had come accross this previously and the resolution was to place an ALTPATH entry in the images\db directory for the master server pointing to the alternate images directory.  Once this was done all is functioning OK.