cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Java Admin GUI

kb1674
Level 2
I have NBU 6.0 on a UNIX Master and I am trying to access the Java GUI from a windows machine.  I am unable to get the complete Admin gui to connect.  I only get the BAR ("Backup, Archive, and Restore) GUI.    I have tried updating the java/auth.conf file on the Master but it appears to have no effect on anything.   I am using the root account and the first line of the auth.conf is as follows:

root ADMIN=ALL JBP=ALL

Any Ideas on what may cause this?
Any logs that would be good to check?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rjrumfelt
Level 6
Check your host file, and make sure that your name resolution is fine if you dont rely on host files.

You must enter in the correct hostname in the Admin console login, otherwise you'll always only have the BAR available.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rjrumfelt
Level 6
Check your host file, and make sure that your name resolution is fine if you dont rely on host files.

You must enter in the correct hostname in the Admin console login, otherwise you'll always only have the BAR available.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
As mentioned, ensure forward and reverse lookup work, then try adding the windows machine name as a SERVER entry in bp.conf, on the master server.

Martin

kb1674
Level 2
Name resolution is the culprit.   I have added the windows box to the bp.conf file and I am still not able to get to the Admin GUI using the system name.  But I am able to get the Admin GUI with then IP address.  I will have to do some checking into why the my etc/hosts entry doesn't appear to be working for NBU.