cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup-Java GUI

The_Tester
Level 3
Greeting Everyone,

I have issue with Netbackup Java GUI, I searched in the Symentc forum I have not found any answers for his issue. Basically I have Linux box which is my laptop I ssh to Netbackup server which is Solaris 10 to run jnbSA, usually in Linux the command:

#ssh -X NetbackupServer
# jnbSA

When I ran jnbSA command to launch the GUI, it showed me error from Java cannot forward the X11 to the Linux box. I tried from Windows box the using Xwindow I have to log-in to Solaris GUI then open terminal, then launch  jnbSA and working very well.

I tried form many way to fix this issue, and never work even export DISPLAY variable and so on... Nothing work.

Could you please guidance me how we can resolve this issue?

Is there any package binary or RPM for Netbackup-Java GUI to access the Netbackup server via Linux box?

I highly appreciate your efforts and support.
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the firewall turned ON you Linux laptop. Turn it OFF and retry. Or maybe you have some hosts.allow /deny configuration in the way. Sounds like an access/resolution issue. Thats where I would start.

The_Tester
Level 3
Thanks for your input.

Firewall disabled I never enable it, and nothing in hosts.allow/deny related. It seems a bug as I saw in the following link:
http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4374153

I will try set variable NO_AWT_MITSHM to true ,and I hope it work.

Yours

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
when you did the export to your Linux Laptop.

Try it with your laptop name, if that does not work try with your ipaddress of your laptop (I have never gotten this to work when using vpn)

The_Tester
Level 3
I fixed the issue by install  jnbSA and jbpSA local on  my linux box now I connected remotely to Netbackup server.

Thanks 4 your support.