Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Java for RHEL 6.4

Baski
Level 5
Partner Certified

Hi Team,

Last week our company moved from Windows laptop to RHEL 6.4 Laptop. As per my knowledge, Netbackup java version will be avalaible only for windows version.

Is there any possible Symantec will develop Java version for RHEL .

Netbackup master servers are Solaris 5.10 with 7.5.0.5

Currenlty we have to use windows virtual system, from there we have to run NBU 7.5.0.5 Java GUI. It is very difficult for us to copy some data to Linux OS from there we have to details to client over mail box

I think, New world moving to Linux OS. So, it is good to develop all application on Linux OS.

If any one knows link. Please share us.

Thanks,

Baski

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You may want to suggest this under 'Ideas'.

In the meantime, the only solution I can see will be to install server software on your laptop. 
You can then use jnbSA.

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

i am seeing jnbSA woulb be the option.. but seems it does come as seperate pakage.. you need to install netbackup linux software to get this imstalled..

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO43705

Baski
Level 5
Partner Certified

Hi Marianne,

Yep, I will post this in Idea section. 

Marianne/Nagalla,  But install server copy, I think I should have license one. Is it possible without License the NBU server version ?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I would simply use master server license. Since you won't be using your laptop as a master or media server, I do not see this as breach of licensing contact.

I notice that you have posted in Ideas: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/ideas/netbackup-java-rhel-64-nbu-devloper-and-engineers-core...

Everyone who agrees, please vote (even for your own post).

nathanmike
Level 4
Partner
@baski, why don't You export display to your laptop? ssh -x user@master