cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Live Update - 7.0.x to 7.5.x Client Upgrade

vksingh
Level 4

What are the free space requirements on the Netbackup CLIENT side if I am upgrading using Netbackup LiveUpdate from 7.0.x to 7.5.x? Does liveupdate copy the software locally first and need a particular amount of free space? If it does, which directory does it copy software into?

Any pointer to low level process which live update follows would be very beneficial. 

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

You need a minum of 5 GB free to use LiveUpdate. On a WIndows client that means the whole C: drive on a Unix / Linux client that means the /tmp file system needs at least 5 GB free

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Gautier_Leblanc
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Yes, LiveUpdate client will connect on the repository, and analyse if binaries are available to update client. If available, it will download binaries, and do a silent install on the client.

If my memory is good, download directory for binaries is : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\Download

You also will have all logs files here, and they are very usefull to understant how it works.

vksingh
Level 4

Thanks Gautier

So that mean clients should have enough free space == size of binaries?

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

You need a minum of 5 GB free to use LiveUpdate. On a WIndows client that means the whole C: drive on a Unix / Linux client that means the /tmp file system needs at least 5 GB free

vksingh
Level 4

Many Thanks Wolfsbane

Is this mentioned in any symantec doc or it is from experience?

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

Both. I failed once then looked at the guide http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC5156

Gautier_Leblanc
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Look at this technote for space requirements (and modifications).

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH168280