Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Master/Media Server greyed out during instalaltion

kris_lingiah
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hello,

I downloaded an evaluation version of Netbackup made availabe by a local symantec partner, see details from them to download the software;

"Please use Temp key below to download the eval version of Netbackup.

I have set the expiry for July 31.

License Token ID                             T190520XXXXXX

Catalog Item ID                               NBU_7_6_PEV

Token Expiration Date                    Jul 31, 2014"

The issue is that, during setup the options to install Netbackup Master Server or Netbackup Media Server are greyed out.

Note:All the preinstallation check passed

Please advise

nb.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Have you tried inputting the license key  - presuming this is what you were given - as this should 'unlock' the other options?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Have you tried inputting the license key  - presuming this is what you were given - as this should 'unlock' the other options?

kris_lingiah
Level 3
Partner Accredited

you mean the License Token ID?

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

No harm in trying it.

It's been a while since I've done an install, so unsure of exactly what this license should look like, but your suppliers may have used the same to allow for both download and install - if not you'll need to get a valid key from them.

kris_lingiah
Level 3
Partner Accredited

it says invalid key when i enter the license token id

kris_lingiah
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thanks for replying, i am contacting the local partner requesting a license for instalaltion

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Probably best - they may direct you to the Licensing Portal where you can get your actual license key (format probably along the lines of: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-X)

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Andy is right - you need to copy & paste the license key before Server options become available.

Please go through NetBackup Installation Guide  to confirm requirements, and installation steps.

Best to work with the partner during installation and configuration as NBU is not an "off-the-shelf" product.

Rest of NBU manuals here:  http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC6488 

NBU35
Level 6

Please get in touch with your contracter they will provide you license key .. I think you are confusing serial No with license key.