cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Master Server for setting up share NBDB

rickywu
Level 3

I setup a New master cluster server with Netbackup 8.0.

Master A is worked and successfully for everything and the nbdb is migrated to share drive.

Then setup Master B but cannot use the same nbdb with Master A.

Try the /usr/openv/db/bin/create_nbdb command for relocation the nbdb but not work in Master B.

Please let me know how to solve the issue. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
NBU needs to be installed as clustered master server in order to fail over correctly.
The NBU Clustered Master Server manual is your friend. It contains all the requirements as well as step-by-step instructions.
Links to manuals in 'Handy NBU Links' in my signature.

Thanks Marianne,

but my problem is I don't use the cluster config in Netbackup, my AIX server is used the HACMP and I set the cluster group for mount the share drive for NBDB when the service is owned by the server.

This mean I have 2 vxdbms.conf on the share drive, when mount Server A, use vxdbms.conf.a, if mount Server B, then will need to use vxdbms.conf.b, if not, the nbemm service is not start and cannot use with the same vxdbms.conf for the cluster node. This made me confuse how to setup with this, because in version 7.7.3 I can setup with this using the same vxdbms.conf file for switching with the AIX cluster. But now in 8.0 cannot work.

Marianne

I doubt if your 'manual' config is at all supported.

PowerHA/HACMP is perfectly supported to config clustered master server.

See chapter 7 in NetBackup Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide 

NetBackup on PowerHA cluster for AIX

This chapter includes the following topics:
■ About NetBackup on PowerHA cluster for AIX
■ Installation prerequisites for NetBackup on PowerHA cluster for AIX
■ Pre-installation checklist for a NetBackup failover server installation on PowerHA cluster for AIX
■ Installing NetBackup on PowerHA cluster for AIX
■ Configuring NetBackup on PowerHA cluster for AIX
■ Installing NetBackup options on PowerHA cluster for AIX
■ Upgrading a NetBackup failover server on PowerHA cluster for AIX
■ Bringing the NetBackup resource group online or offline

PS:

Please note that installing NBU as clustered master server is only supported on new installations. It creates a new nbdb database which will wipe any existing dbs.

Marianne
If NBU is correctly installed as clustered master server, the databases are owned by the virtual hostname, not any individual node.
All clustered components (such as virtual hostname and IP, shared drive and mount point) will fail over to new node.