cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Master and Media server issue with VCenter

XTREM1337
Level 4

Hi here my issue.

I have NB server named : MTLBKPLIB01 = master server and MTLBKPMED01 = Media server. Windows servers.

Both servers should be able to connect to a Vcenter and backup the VM from the SAN.

The MTLBKPLIB01 server is a Master/Media with Tapes library (storagetek) and the MTLBKPMED01 is a Media server with a LUN of 16Terabyte attached. Each server are on distant site.

The problem  is, if I do my backup with MTLBKPLIB01, the NB Master server talk to the Vcenter,  the backup started, the snapshot has been created and after this  the backup is going to the tape library, no error. yay!

If I change the policie storage from Tape (Master server) to the Storage Unit of 16T (Media server), I receive an error ''Access to the client was not allowed 59'' (see the screenshot)

I remember this error when I was working on the Unix netbackup and to correct that, we should add the second server in the bp.conf file.by exemple SERVER = MTLBKPLIB01 and second line SERVER = MTLBKPMED01, but in Windows we dosent have a bp.conf file. I found that we can regedit the Vcenter and change the server name from MTLBKPLIB01 (master server with tape) to MTLBKPMED01 (media with LUN). Si I did it and I relaunched the backup. (see the screenshot)

The backup started, snapshot was working but I received a new error '' Criticial bpbrm(pid=3020) from client XXXXX cannot open C:Program Files\Verita\ etc... BOMB-DC1_134 XXXXX etc image file - snapshot error (see the screenshot)

I know that the regedit change is not ok, its a bypass error......

So my question is : what I should do to make my backup from my Media server, staging and duplication to the master server with the tape drives.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm french.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You dont say which version of NetBackup you are on but if you are on V7.1 then as well as changing the storage unit used you also need to change the VMware Backup Host listed on the Policy Attributes tab

To add servers to each others list you can access their host properties via the Admin Console (Master, Media or Clients) where you can update their servers list or you can open the Backup Archive Restore GUI on each server / client and add servers to its list from that location

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

You dont say which version of NetBackup you are on but if you are on V7.1 then as well as changing the storage unit used you also need to change the VMware Backup Host listed on the Policy Attributes tab

To add servers to each others list you can access their host properties via the Admin Console (Master, Media or Clients) where you can update their servers list or you can open the Backup Archive Restore GUI on each server / client and add servers to its list from that location

Hope this helps

XTREM1337
Level 4

Hi Mark, it seem that the issue came from the Vcenter, I havent the media server the server list, which is added the media server in the registry of the Vcenter, like the bp.conf in Unix.

Thank you very much for your time, I appreciated it.

Have a good one

Yann

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Great - dont forget once you are sorted out to close the thread by using the "Mark as Solution" to assist others searching for similar issues in the future