cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Opscenter

abidghori
Level 3

Dear All,

i have symantec netbackup 7.5.0.5, i want to install Opscenter on windows 2012 Server or windows 8.1. Which version of Opscenter is compatible with Netbackup 7.5.0.5.

Regards

AbidGhori

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

For Windows 2012 the minimum level is 7.6

For Windows 2012 R2 the minimum level is 7.6.0.3

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/library/BUSINESS/xCL/TECH76648/nbu_7x_scl.html#operating_systems-microsoft_windows_server_2012-microsoft_windows_server_2012_-_netbackup_server

You cannot install it on Windows 8

View solution in original post

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

To answer your original question of "Which version of Opscenter is compatible with Netbackup 7.5.0.5." it would be any 7.5.0.x that is equal to or higher than 7.5.0.5 and any 7.6.0.x version.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

RiaanBadenhorst

For Windows 2012 the minimum level is 7.6

For Windows 2012 R2 the minimum level is 7.6.0.3

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/library/BUSINESS/xCL/TECH76648/nbu_7x_scl.html#operating_systems-microsoft_windows_server_2012-microsoft_windows_server_2012_-_netbackup_server

You cannot install it on Windows 8

Marianne
Level 6

PDF version of the OS CL can be downloaded here: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76648

See the Operating Systems section -> OpsCenter Server column in Server table of each OS.

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

To answer your original question of "Which version of Opscenter is compatible with Netbackup 7.5.0.5." it would be any 7.5.0.x that is equal to or higher than 7.5.0.5 and any 7.6.0.x version.

abidghori
Level 3

Thanks Andrew, What about OS, shall i use windows server 2003 or 2008 R2. Kindly advise

abidghori
Level 3

Thanks Marianne

abidghori
Level 3

ThanksRiaan

Marianne
Level 6
You also need to look at support from Microsoft. W2003 will soon reach EOSL. So, W2008 R2 looks like your best option. Or go for NBU 7.6 OpsCentre on W2012 that can manage 7.6 and 7.5 master servers.

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

As Marianne said go with the latest and greatest OS supported by your organization. This prevents you from having to do an OS upgrade any time soon and therefor leaves you with a more stable environment. I also concur that if you are licensed for 7.6 (7.6.0.4) I would go with it on a 2012 R2 platform and then be done with OS upgrades for three or four years. That way all you have to worry about are OS patches and OpsCenter upgrades.

abidghori
Level 3

Dear All,

Thanks for the support, i have installed windows 2012 R2 server and Symantec OPsCenter 7.6. It is working fine.

Regards

AbidGhori

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

If one post was more helpful please mark it as a solution.