cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Oracle Agent Support for Japanese Characters Set

ACL
Level 2

We have install Symantec Netbackup 7.6.1 in Windows Server 2012 which act as Master Server. We also have install Netbackup Client in Unix Server to backup the Oracle Database in it.

We had been asked whether the Netbackup Oracle Agent can support Japanese Character Set DB or not. How we can check whether it is support or not?>

Kindly advise

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I do not think adding unicode into the database will impact Netbackup operation. The tool that acutal backup the oracle database is RMAN - a Oracle tool. Netbackup is just a media manger component,  Netbackup does not what the binary stream from RMAN consist of.

Using unicode on tabelspace files is a hole other story .....

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Do you mean the database containing Japanese charters, or the database files containing Japanese charters ?

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I have called Yasuhisa Ishikawa to have a look at this qustion.

ACL
Level 2

I believe they going to add Japanese characters into the Oracle database. They afraid the netbackup job which using the Netbackup Oracle agent to backup their Oracle database will fail once they add Japanese characters into the database

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I do not think adding unicode into the database will impact Netbackup operation. The tool that acutal backup the oracle database is RMAN - a Oracle tool. Netbackup is just a media manger component,  Netbackup does not what the binary stream from RMAN consist of.

Using unicode on tabelspace files is a hole other story .....

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I have never tried with these versions, but I have never experienced any trouble in use of Japanese Character set. As Nicolai wrote, NetBackup agent for Oracle just act as Media Management Layer of RMAN have nothing related to DB character set.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Thanks for answering my call Yasuhisa san.