cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Platform Base Limited licensing

nesmac_bpm
Level 3

Hi there,

I have just saw the "Netbackup 8.1.2 Licensing Guide" and realize that Platform Base Limited license includes Ent Client, is that right? So now we can backup VMware with this license? I thought in past guides it wasnt, it was only a Complete license feature...

What about the Application and Database Addon, is only to leverage Application and Database Pack to Netbackup Copilot?

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I am too finding the NBU 8.1.2 Licensing Guide confusing. 

As from 8.0, Microsoft db/app agents are included in Limited Edition. Extract from 8.0 doc:
For customers who purchase NetBackup Platform Base – Limited Edition, Microsoft agents are now included in the base offering at no additional charge.

Unfortunately the 8.1.2 doc mentions none of this. 

My assumption is that Microsoft agents are still included, and that anything else (like Oracle) needs the App & DB Addon. 

Enterprise Client was also included in 8.0. 
Screenshot from 8.0 Licensing Guide: 80Licensing.JPG

Best if you get hold of your local SE to clarify any uncertainties. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I am too finding the NBU 8.1.2 Licensing Guide confusing. 

As from 8.0, Microsoft db/app agents are included in Limited Edition. Extract from 8.0 doc:
For customers who purchase NetBackup Platform Base – Limited Edition, Microsoft agents are now included in the base offering at no additional charge.

Unfortunately the 8.1.2 doc mentions none of this. 

My assumption is that Microsoft agents are still included, and that anything else (like Oracle) needs the App & DB Addon. 

Enterprise Client was also included in 8.0. 
Screenshot from 8.0 Licensing Guide: 80Licensing.JPG

Best if you get hold of your local SE to clarify any uncertainties. 

Thanks for your reply Marianne!