Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Policy Creation date

Sid1987
Level 6
Certified

Hi Team,

Is there a way to find correct policy creation date? Also if a deactivated policy is activated does it change creation date in db/class?

5 REPLIES 5

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

look at the file system and check the creation date of the files in /db/class/policy name

Activating or deactivating would change the content of the info file, not remove and recreate the files/folders making up the policy

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello,

in policy Attributes, "Go into effect at" date is the policy creation date supposing you haven't edited this with reactivation to a certain date yet.

Michal

Marianne
Level 6

I would also rather rely on the policy-name folder timestamp.

If a 2-year-old policy is copied to a new policy, the going active date in the attributes will be the same as the original policy.

Sid1987
Level 6
Certified

Thank you all for your suggestions, Filesystem not necessarily has a creation info feature, that was my first attempt. Now I tested which showed, changes either of the 4 tabs changes the relative file in policy folder. So yes active-deactive changes info file. Is the go into effect a reliable data which can be taken as creation date?

As marianne mentioned if copied it will take original policies go into effect date then I will have to rely on db/class/ policy folder info?

Jim-90
Level 6

The NBU audit report command nbauditreport  might help, assuming audit reporting is enabled.

More : https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000124463  this technote is for NBU 8.  Audit reporting has been around for a while, there should be older versions available