cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup - RMAN - managing instance in policies

laguns97
Level 4

Hi !

Since few weeks, we are using RMAN for our oracle backup.No problem with this, we configure/manage everything with the NB Console.  We would like to automate some action with scripts.

I know we can remove clients from policy with the bpplclients command but I we can do to remove oracle instance from policy ?  I did'nt find anything about this.

If someione can help me about this please !

Thanks

Steve

5 REPLIES 5

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

I'm sorry but I didn't understand the phrasing of "I we can do to remove oracle instance from policy".

1) You want a command to delete a whole policy ?

2) You want a command to remove one client from a policy ?

3) You want a command to de-activate a policy ?

I am easily confused.  Please can you restate your aim ?  Thank you.

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

bpplclients includes phrase  {-delete_instance instance_name host_name} for this.

I have confirmed this on 7.7. and 8.1.2 Masters.

Regards

Michal

Sorry for my english, i'm french speaking.  I'm gonna try with this:

The policy type is "Oracle"

We have a policy with oracle instances. I would like to know how to remove an instance of oracle policies.

Yes I would like to know how to remove instance from a policy. It is like remove a client from policy ?

It is a better explanation ?

Thanks,

it'a a little bit confuse...

Thanks, I will try this

The information we have from Veritas web site is talking only for SQL.

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/123533878-127136857-0/v123541195-127136857

delete_instance {instance_name host_name [instance_name2 host_name2] [...]}

This option applies to SQL Server intelligent policies.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Maybe the correct command to use is nboraadm (I'm not sure myself - sorry), see here:

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/123533878-127136857-0/v123551772-127136857

Maybe at this time the bpplclients delete instance command works, or mayble only appears to work, when used against Oracle policies.