cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Reporting option

Prabodh_Kulkarn
Level 3

Hi,

I am looking for the option which will give me media label with the backup status as well.

Like in Status of backup it gives policy name, schedule name, status of backup. So along with this it should give media ID also.

Is this possible in any other tab of reporting ???

Netbackup Master version is 7.6.0.3

Regards

Prabodh Kulkarni

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The Media ID cannot be a column in 'Status of backups' report because the information is contained in separate NBU databases.

'Status of backups' draws information from NBU error database.
Media ID is contained in images database and can be seen with bpimagelist command:
bpimagelist -client <name> -d <start-date> -e <end-date> -media -U 

Information from different db's can be combined in Opscentre Analytics custom report.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

StefanosM
Level 6

you can check at the tape reports the images on tape report.

This report is the closest report to what you want. it reports the client, the policy, the schedule and the tape of the backup.

however, it does not show you the backup date and time.

If you need a complete report, you must combine tape report and client backups report, possibly with a script. Both reports have backup id in common.

RiaanBadenhorst

You'll be able to get this from OpsCenter.

Prabodh_Kulkarn
Level 3

Riaan,

In opscentre, this option is not available. I dont know about analytics.

Prabodh_Kulkarn
Level 3

Riaan,

In opscentre, this option is not available. I dont know about analytics.

Prabodh_Kulkarn
Level 3

Hi StefanosM, It is not possible to combine the report. because client images report gives the report according to tape assigned date hence if the tape assigned date is older than the time interval you have selected then it will not give you that specific media.

Solution is Netbackup must provide tab or column for media ID in  "Status of backup" option present under reports.

RiaanBadenhorst

do you use platform license?

Marianne

The Media ID cannot be a column in 'Status of backups' report because the information is contained in separate NBU databases.

'Status of backups' draws information from NBU error database.
Media ID is contained in images database and can be seen with bpimagelist command:
bpimagelist -client <name> -d <start-date> -e <end-date> -media -U 

Information from different db's can be combined in Opscentre Analytics custom report.