Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Robot Down Event Generation

jayram071
Level 2
Certified

Hi,

Whats the frequncy/time interval netbackup checks the status of the drives & robots. Is there any option to control that frequency?

Our ticketing tools basically alerts by triggering the incidents based on the events generated in the server. Whenever there is a tape load/unload (though netbackup doesnt run any jobs at that time) still i see media magazine removed/TLD down events generated by Netbackup TLD control Daemon. I want to find an way to remove those events generate incidents, but can't do that as the real TLD down alters do come with the same event as well.

So my question is to find out how i can increase the frequency before netbackup can trigger that event, as tape load/unload is not going to take much longer then 20 minutes?

Regards

Vivek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
NBU does not check devices at regular intervals. Only when there is a request from backup or restore for a tape mount or dismount.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Think that is an option you need to implement in the monitoring/ticketing tool system. As it is an event, it is probably writtem as soon as it happens by the Netbackup daemon.

If the robot has a mail slot/IO port using that usually keep the robot runnig while handling the tapes, so you avoid the tld down.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

jayram071
Level 2
Certified

Thanks Michael. Yes,event gets generated as soon as the Netbackup sees the drive is down. But on what frequency it checks that, is that something changable?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
NBU does not check devices at regular intervals. Only when there is a request from backup or restore for a tape mount or dismount.

jayram071
Level 2
Certified

Hey Marrine, so how the event is logged, is that not the netbackup which captures those? Those are actaully logged in the cateory of application events in the event viewer.