cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup SLP Duplication tape problem

Tabriz
Level 5

Dear Community,

I had made SLP for weekly .But Weekly duplication doesn't work.Status 96 (need tapes).

For Weekly SLP Duplication  we made Weekly volume pool.There are some tapes in Weekly Volume pool for example :

000052 ->  robot type  (TLD)  Media Status Avtive  First Mount 05/16/2016  Last Mount 05/04/2021 ,kilobytes 0 images 0 Origin Host NONE Media Owner NONE

Why this tape is not used by Netbackup TLD.

Best Regards,

Tabriz

22 REPLIES 22

Hi @Tabriz 

I don't think you have shared the details from the duplication attempt that failed (and I guess continues to fail). 

Can you provide this please so we can have some more information on what is happening. 

Thanks
David

@davidmoline  Thank you for the response!

Yes, The SLP Duplication problem continues.

More Information About The SLP Duplication problem :

1. Every Monday OpsCenter sends to email that, needs to import/export to the tapes i40 Quantum Library.

The license supports 25 tapes for use in the library. For example, on Monday need to import the tapes (80,82,88,86) and need to export them (50,52,16). after one week on Monday need to import (46,44,12) and need to export (82,80).

But in the robot library, there are 25 types. But Netbackup doesn't use other tapes. in addition on OpsCenter is written some query for (tape import/export). Almost Netbackup from 25 tapes use 10 tapes. Therefore become SLP Duplication problems.  Other tape's status is active is not frozen.

Thanks, Everyone!

Best Regards,

Tabriz

Hi @Tabriz 

What I was actually after was the details of the duplication jobs that are failing from the activity monitor. Which will then probably lead to request additional logs depending on what the details show.

Thanks
David