cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup SQL restore failing

ra2
Level 1

Hi All,

We are performing SQL Database restore using script. Size of the DB is approx 1.5 TB and we are using Tapes. Restore is failing after 8-9 hrs. Request anyone to please help us.

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You have not given us anything to work with....

Can you show us all text in Details tab of failing job?

Did you create dbclient log on the destination client and increased logging level to 3? 

Have you checked NBU for SQL manual regarding large DB restore? 

Look for: "About minimizing timeout failures on large SQL Server database restores" 

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Have you set the Instant data file initialization ? If not, that's probably a good start. It is described in the NBU SQL admin guide as far as I remember.

Is there any firewalls between the netbackup servers and the SQL server ? Most firewalls closes the connection if it has been idle for while. 

Other than that, use the bphdb and dbclient logs, think they are describe in troubleshooting section of NBU SQL admin guide.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

Kleber_Marra
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Do you have free space on disk to your restore?

Genericus
   VIP   

Don't get me started on SQL. I gave up on it and now we backup to disk and I backup the disk files for recovery purposes.

We were only able to have success restoring if we single thread the recovery - which takes too long.

Sorry NetBackup, IMHO your SQL recovery does not meet our needs.

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS