cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Self Service 8.0: Where can I find it?!?

Fred2010
Level 6

Hi All,

I want to install the Netbackup Self Service Portal 8.0 but I have no idea where to find the two executables that are needed...

They are not listed in our licensed software as far as I can see...

Does anyone know where they hide this software?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You need to purchase Self Service separately.

Once you have a valid license, you will see the software under your Entitlements on MyVeritas.

Please talk to your local reseller.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You need to purchase Self Service separately.

Once you have a valid license, you will see the software under your Entitlements on MyVeritas.

Please talk to your local reseller.

Really?!?

It is a licensed separate product?

This should be part of Netbackup: Looking at how much we pay for the licensing already I would expect it to be part of our license...

ok... I shall contact them and see what is and isn't part of our license, but as it is going I think we should start looking for other software :(

Thanks for your answer Marianne, great as always :)

Hello Fred,

could you contact me? I'm a Product Manager and would like to talk to you about Self Service. What you wish to use it for? Your thoughts? Cost, etc?

Thanks

Siobhan Ellis
Principal Product Manager
Service Provider Product Strategy, NSS & NetBackup Reporting

TraceyBunyard
Level 5
Employee

Hi Fred,

There is a free trial available for NetBackup Self Service : https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup-Self-Service/Downloading-a-trial-copy-of-NSS-NetBackup-Self-Ser...

Regards,

Tracey

JonHunt
   VIP   

A update to this is that with the release of NBU/NSS 8.1,  NSS will now be included within the NBU Complete SKU, you will have access to download NSS and its licence, any questions on this post 8.1 release please post to the dedicated NetBackup Self Service section (at the bottom of 'Data Protection')