cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Services hung

RajNK
Level 3

Installed Netbackup media server 7.6.0.4 on Linux server,
While restarting Netbackup services its getting hung at NetBackup Agent Request Server started.
nothing happening after it. bptestbcd from master to media is failing with cannot connect on socket 25.

Ping , telnet to bpcd,pbx,vnted and traceroute are working fine.

While upgrading nbu from 7.6.0.1 to  7.6.0.4 i saw this " Error in Receiving User Message while upgrading netbackup  "

Looking for Media Manager processes that need to be terminated.
Stopping ltid...
Error in Receiving User Message
Stopping vmd...

Please suggest on how to proceed further.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nbutech
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Is it possible to reinstall Netbackup on the media server... There can be torubleshooting steps you can perform... but then I am not sure in future what else could be related... If this is MSDP server then I think again troubleshooting would be best

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi, Can you check this article https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH54563 I know that is not the same error that you are facing, but there some troubleshootings that you can help you to check communication between master and media server. Other thing, did you already check if the NBU ports are opened between master and media server? Thiago

nbutech
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Is it possible to reinstall Netbackup on the media server... There can be torubleshooting steps you can perform... but then I am not sure in future what else could be related... If this is MSDP server then I think again troubleshooting would be best