Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Sharepoint 2010 backups

gc_bus
Level 4

Netbackup master/media server: Windows 2003 R2 32 bit Netbackup 7.0.1

Sharepoint 2010 server: Windows 2008 R2 64 bit - Netbackup client 7.0.1

Sharepoint 2010 SQL DB server: Windows 2008 R2 64 bit - Netbackup client 7.0.1

Have set up client and server for NFS on the clients and master server.

Have enabled VSS on the clients and the master server for the clients.

Have set up Netbackup MS-Sharepoint policy pointing to the Sharepoint client (granular  recovery enabled)

Netbackup services on clients started up by an account with appropriate Sharepoint/SQL permissions but our problem is that some of the Sharepoint and SQL services are started up under different accounts which I think is causing our backup problems where the parent Netbackup Sharepoint job runs and takes snapshots ok but when the child backup comes in for the SQL DB element it fails with "13" and "71" Netbackup errors. We can get this to work on a test system when everything is started up with the same account but can't work out what to do when it's different accounts. 

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

watsons
Level 6

From your SP frontend, when you launch the BAR GUI, can you see the SP resources?

If not, you will have to get it visible before the backup could work. 

Does it mean your SP frontend Netbackup services is using accountA , whereas the SP backend (SQL) Netbackup services is using accountB? Can it be made the same?  Try with a same account first to confirm if account is the problem, then move on to troubleshoot further. I am not sure if different account can be used, this is because in the Netbackup master server credential, you can only setup one as far as I remember.

Fr_d_ric_RIGAL
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Be careful,

At first you have to perform a Full NON GRT backup of Sharepoint and after only GRT backups can be tried.

The Symantec documentation is telling that Sharepoint GRT backups are available with Diff and Full ScheduleI, but it's not true. Only Full GRT backups are working.

However, I've already have known some issues with Sharepoint 2010 and Symantec Support has created special Hotfixes.