Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Solution design

zuhaib_siddiqui
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Dear Friends

I need Netbackup Solution design document. If any body have this type of document please do share with me. I listen from somewhere else that another name of this document is Solution design resource kit (SDRK).

Regards

Zuhaib Siddiqui

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

SDRK's used to be part of SymIQforPartners.

When the website and email group got discontinued, the email group was created as a new group here on Connect, but it never worked well and nobody from Veritas/Symantec seems to be looking after the group or replying to any posts/emails.

We were told that toolkits were moved to PartnerNet, but I have never tried to find it.
If it is there, I seriously doubt that it was updated in recent years to cater for current NBU versions.

Your best bet is to reach out to your local Partner Account Manager or use the 'Contact Us' section in PartnerNet.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/updated-netbackup-backup-planning-and-performance-tuning-gu... is probably what you are asking for.

Remember to plan for more than just the initial backup load. Have not seen a backup system yet where the backup load has not grown over time.

In my experience it is better/easier to beef up the backup servers from the start, than have do a lot of troubleshooting related to exhaustion of resources.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Updated link from Michael post: http://www.veritas.com/docs/000004178

I agree with Michael - the "Backup Planing and performance tuning guide" is a good place to start. 

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

SDRK's used to be part of SymIQforPartners.

When the website and email group got discontinued, the email group was created as a new group here on Connect, but it never worked well and nobody from Veritas/Symantec seems to be looking after the group or replying to any posts/emails.

We were told that toolkits were moved to PartnerNet, but I have never tried to find it.
If it is there, I seriously doubt that it was updated in recent years to cater for current NBU versions.

Your best bet is to reach out to your local Partner Account Manager or use the 'Contact Us' section in PartnerNet.