cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Status Code 241 (the specified schedule is the wrong type for this request).

andrich2016
Level 4

I am performing a rman backup from a Oracle Linux server where is installed an Oracle Database 12c and Netbackup Linux 7.7.3 client.
This is my rman script:
####################################################################################################
#!/bin/bash
ORACLE_HOME=/u02/app/oracle/product/12.2.0/dbhome_2; export ORACLE_HOME
ORACLE_BIN=/u02/app/oracle/product/12.2.0/dbhome_2/bin; export ORACLE_BIN
ORACLE_UNQNAME=DB12CPRD; export ORACLE_UNQNAME
ORACLE_HOSTNAME=teste; export ORACLE_HOSTNAME
ORACLE_BASE=/u02/app/oracle; export ORACLE_BASE
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/u02/app/oracle/product/12.2.0/dbhome_2/bin:/u02/app/oracle/product/12.2.0/dbhome_2/OPatch; export PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/u02/app/oracle/product/12.2.0/dbhome_2/lib; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
TNS_ADMIN=/u02/app/oracle/product/12.2.0/dbhome_2/network/admin/DB12CPRD; export TNS_ADMIN
ORACLE_SID=DB12C1; export ORACLE_SID

$ORACLE_BIN/rman cmdfile /home/oracle/rman_full_commands.sh log /home/oracle/rman_full.log

connect target /
# -----------------------------------------------------------------
# RMAN command section
# -----------------------------------------------------------------
RUN {
ALLOCATE CHANNEL ch00
TYPE 'SBT_TAPE'
PARMS 'SBT_LIBRARY=/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/libobk.so64';
ALLOCATE CHANNEL ch01
TYPE 'SBT_TAPE'
ALLOCATE CHANNEL ch02
TYPE 'SBT_TAPE'
ALLOCATE CHANNEL ch03
TYPE 'SBT_TAPE'
SEND 'NB_ORA_CLIENT=teste,NB_ORA_SID=DB12C1,NB_ORA_SERV=svbackup7,NB_ORA_POLICY=exadata-prod-oracle,NB_ORA_SCHED=Full';
BACKUP
INCREMENTAL LEVEL=0
FORMAT 'bk_d%d_u%u_s%s_p%p_t%t'
DATABASE;
RELEASE CHANNEL ch00;
RELEASE CHANNEL ch01;
RELEASE CHANNEL ch02;
RELEASE CHANNEL ch03;
# Backup Archived Logs
sql 'alter system archive log current';
ALLOCATE CHANNEL ch00
TYPE 'SBT_TAPE'
ALLOCATE CHANNEL ch01
TYPE 'SBT_TAPE'
ALLOCATE CHANNEL ch02
TYPE 'SBT_TAPE'
ALLOCATE CHANNEL ch03
TYPE 'SBT_TAPE'
SEND 'NB_ORA_CLIENT=teste,NB_ORA_SID=DB12C1,NB_ORA_SERV=svbackup7,NB_ORA_POLICY=exadata-prod-oracle,NB_ORA_SCHED=Full';
BACKUP
FORMAT 'arch_d%d_u%u_s%s_p%p_t%t'
ARCHIVELOG
ALL
DELETE INPUT;
RELEASE CHANNEL ch00;
RELEASE CHANNEL ch01;
RELEASE CHANNEL ch02;
RELEASE CHANNEL ch03;
# Control File Backup
ALLOCATE CHANNEL ch00
TYPE 'SBT_TAPE'
BACKUP
FORMAT 'ctrl_d%d_u%u_s%s_p%p_t%t'
CURRENT CONTROLFILE;
RELEASE CHANNEL ch00;
}
####################################################################################################
The log shows me an error:
Server Status: the specified schedule is the wrong type for this request

I´ve researched about this issue an I found https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100029164
But in my OIP I didn´t have this options:
Schedule: Default-Application-Backup 
Type: ApplicationBackup 
How can I configure them or where can I found this options of schedulles?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Okay - if you are running OIP, then you shouldn't be writing your own rman script - the "policy" does this for you.

If you want to use your own rman script, then you need to convert the policy to a legacy oracle policy. In the policy on the "Instances and Databases" tab, change the selection to "Clients for use with scripts or templates". 

Finally, in your script, where you have specified the NetBackup schedule, NB_ORA_SCHED, this should reference an application type schedule (or as long as you have one defined, you can remove this directive and it will choose the default one). The full schedule will be used to start the rman scriupt on the client (or if you are initiating the backup from the client, then this schedule is not required).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Okay - if you are running OIP, then you shouldn't be writing your own rman script - the "policy" does this for you.

If you want to use your own rman script, then you need to convert the policy to a legacy oracle policy. In the policy on the "Instances and Databases" tab, change the selection to "Clients for use with scripts or templates". 

Finally, in your script, where you have specified the NetBackup schedule, NB_ORA_SCHED, this should reference an application type schedule (or as long as you have one defined, you can remove this directive and it will choose the default one). The full schedule will be used to start the rman scriupt on the client (or if you are initiating the backup from the client, then this schedule is not required).

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I agree with David.

If using NBU OIP you don't have to write RMAN scripts. Please use OIP insted of script based approch. 

Also - just point out the RMAN script shows

'NB_ORA_CLIENT=teste,NB_ORA_SID=DB12C1,NB_ORA_SERV=svbackup7,NB_ORA_POLICY=exadata-prod-oracle,NB_ORA_SCHED=Full';

And you state you only have schedule: Default-Application-Backup. You need to have schedule called Full (case sensitive) in policy exadata-prod-oracle with type of "Application Backup" before above RMAN script will work.