cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Storage Server MSDP Creation by Wizard - Error invalid command parameter(20)

apiovenzan
Level 3

Hello guys,

When trying to install a new MSDP in my Netbackup 8.2 environment using the wizard I found an error message:

Configuring media server deduplication pool xxxxx – invalid command parameter(20)

Reconfiguration failed for storage server PureDisk:xxxxxxxx one or more invalid arguments

The all steps are attached.

I could'nt found the cause ot it.

So, I apreciate any help to solve it, please.

Thanks,
Regards
Alberto PIOVENZAN.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

He Michal,

The problem was really the storage path. The problem was not exactly semicolon or colon.

I realized that it does not accept main directories as storage path like "F:\" or "F:".

It waits for subdirectories. So, in my case it accepted as path "F:\MSDP".

PS: I leave here a suggestion for the Netbackup Developers: In the screen give examples and filter better that it accept as information in the field "Storage Path".

Thanks !

Best Regards

Alberto PIOVENZAN.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

doublecheck the storage path. It seems to be semicolon there, not colon.

Regards

Michal

He Michal,

The problem was really the storage path. The problem was not exactly semicolon or colon.

I realized that it does not accept main directories as storage path like "F:\" or "F:".

It waits for subdirectories. So, in my case it accepted as path "F:\MSDP".

PS: I leave here a suggestion for the Netbackup Developers: In the screen give examples and filter better that it accept as information in the field "Storage Path".

Thanks !

Best Regards

Alberto PIOVENZAN.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@apiovenzan 

The need for for a directory name and not just a drive letter is clearly documented in NBU Dedupe Guide. 

Hi Marianne,

OK. Thanks for this info. The next times I will search also within this manual.

In addition, personally, I like having filters active in the graphical interfaces (like these found in the wizards) helping the users to choise clearly the simple things. May be buttons with simple helps would be a good idea. But, this is just my opinion.

Best Regards !

Alberto PIOVENZAN.