cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Support for EV11

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

What is the current position as to support for EV11 from Netbackup utilising the EV DB Agent ?

I am running NBU 7602 with EV11 - will 7603 support EV11 ?

AJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

EV 11 Release Date 2014-05-05

NBU 7.6.0.3 Release Date 2014-07-30

Almost 3 months and no support. Really wish these teams would communicate with each other inside Symantec.

I promise you we're communicating with each other.

If you can't wait and need a solution RIGHT NOW!, I am told that it's possible to protect EV11 WITHOUT using the Agent.  Check out Scenario #5 in this white paper:

Backing Up Enterprise Vault White Paper
 http://symantec.com/docs/TECH147148

(DISCLAIMER: I know absolutely nothing about EV but will point you at documentation all day)

If I had to make a wildly uneducated guess, it would be that the QA between the products as well as the fact that we [NetBackup] don't yet appear to support ANY version of EV with Windows 2012 R2 was what kept it out of 7.6.0.3.  Or maybe the tests didn't work and we didn't want to release something that didn't work.  (Imagine!)  Keep in mind that it could also be none of those; I am totally making this up as I type it.

So anyway...how shall I put this?  I'm (probably almost) as hopeful as you are that we'll have good news for you on this front when 7.6.0.4 goes Generally Available next quarter.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Seems not yet...

Latest DB SCL contains updates for 7.6.0.3, but no mention of EV11.

See: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH126904 

You may want to subscribe to this TN.... and in the meantime contact Product Management via your local SE.

RiaanBadenhorst

Almost 3 months and no support. Really wish these teams would communicate with each other inside Symantec.

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You would have thought (hoped) so wouldn't you ??

I have had to go back to the manual (scripted) method in order to deploy the EV11 upgrade - not the best way forward in the clients view.........

AJ

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

this is one of the biggest issues holding our customers back from upgrading to EV11. hopefully Symantec gets in front of this one soon.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I promise you we're communicating with each other.

If you can't wait and need a solution RIGHT NOW!, I am told that it's possible to protect EV11 WITHOUT using the Agent.  Check out Scenario #5 in this white paper:

Backing Up Enterprise Vault White Paper
 http://symantec.com/docs/TECH147148

(DISCLAIMER: I know absolutely nothing about EV but will point you at documentation all day)

If I had to make a wildly uneducated guess, it would be that the QA between the products as well as the fact that we [NetBackup] don't yet appear to support ANY version of EV with Windows 2012 R2 was what kept it out of 7.6.0.3.  Or maybe the tests didn't work and we didn't want to release something that didn't work.  (Imagine!)  Keep in mind that it could also be none of those; I am totally making this up as I type it.

So anyway...how shall I put this?  I'm (probably almost) as hopeful as you are that we'll have good news for you on this front when 7.6.0.4 goes Generally Available next quarter.

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi Chris,

Wasn't being negative, just saying we sell multiple products into accounts and then when 1 release is up for an upgrade it gets blocked by the other products and their inter dependency.

Support for /between your own products should be top priority IMHO.

Thanks for the note.

Marianne
Level 6

Supported since release of NBU 7.6.0.4 earlier this month:

NetBackup 7.6.0.4 (NetBackup 7.6 Maintenance Release 4) is now available!