cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Tape autoload and eject

Kathe_F
Level 3

This is my  issue which I am looking for a resolution

We use the HP MSL6480 (TLD) which has 20 mailslots. 

1.  If I am needing to eject 60 tapes, at a given time, how can I automate that once the mailslot is empty that netbackup will then start the eject of the next 20 tapes until all tapes have been ejected and provide the eject reports.Hopefully the autoejects will be done using the vaulting policy with immediate ejects.

2. Using the same scenerio as in 1 but injecting tapes.

3. How can I test the ejects and inject with 20+ tapes using the vault policy.  I'v already setup the

vault policy to deferr ejects, but it limits my ejects to 20 and then I have to wait for the media team to remove them before I can resume the ejects.

Any thought and idea's would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Have had a similar issue in the past, cannot remember exactly what the solution was, but the AUTO_UPDATE_ROBOT in vm.conf was a part of it.

Be aware AUTO_UPDATE_ROBOT only works if the robot sends host unit attention to media server, when it sense a change in the mail slot port/update it's inventory

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue