cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Topology Diagrammer

apereira_py
Level 2

Hi guys!

Just asking, is there a tool (Symantec tool or third-party tool) that could help the Backup Administrator to automatic diagramm the Netbackup topology (integration between Master Servers with Media Servers, Tape Librarys, SAN, VTL, Catalog, etc.).

I'm looking something like the "Microsoft AD Topology Diagrammer" that automatic detects your DC, Global catalog, Sites, Exchange with their roles, etc and gives you as an output a Visio Diagram of your organization

Thanks 4 UR help!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

There is nothing in NetBackup to do this

The topology section is a starting point but nothing that will automate it for you.

You need to analyse various components and settings within NetBackup and translate that into Visio manually I am afraid

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RonCaplinger
Level 6

Under "Media and Device Management"-> "Devices" -> "Topology"?  This sounds sort of like what you are looking for, just missing some of what you were requesting.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

There is nothing in NetBackup to do this

The topology section is a starting point but nothing that will automate it for you.

You need to analyse various components and settings within NetBackup and translate that into Visio manually I am afraid

Yogesh9881
Level 6
Accredited

No !

You should prepare backup architecture diagram with rack position, server location, n/w connectivity, SAN switches, tape devices etc etc.....

there is no any 3rd party tool that can detect automatically bakup infra topology