cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Triggers Automounter w/ Follow NFS Off

swhall72
Level 3

I'm running NetBackup 7.5.0.5 on Sun Solaris 10 SPARC and on a particular server I use automounter to mount certain directories out to other servers. I run a script each night that unmounts those directories. I have Follow NFS turned off in all my policies but I still get error messages when my backups run that NetBackup tries to get to those directories. Even adding exclude lists does not get rid of the error messages. An example of the error:

messages = (5): Mar 27 19:00:25 localServer nfs: [ID 224533 kern.warning] WARNING: NFS server initial call to remoteServer-int failed: No such file or directory:

It's a standard policy for ALL_LOCAL_DRIVE.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sean

2 REPLIES 2

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

hi,

looks like its from the /var/adm/messages  , does it?

if that is from var/adm/messages , i would like to make sure that that is becuase of Netbackup or not.

do you see any errors in netbackup, ?

how the backup job is ending... done with status 0 , or 1 or failing...?

past

swhall72
Level 3

I guess I should have mentioned that. Yes the messages come from /var/adm and the jobs mostly end in 0. Some backups end in 1 but that's only because the modification timestamp on the file changes. Also, there's no real pattern that I can figure out, it doesn't do it with every backup, sometimes it's the full backup other times it's the cumulative. Thank you for the response.

Regards,

Sean