cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Web Management Service could not start

Riadh_R17
Level 4

Hi,

when launching netbackup console i get the message saying Netbackup Web Management Service could not start.

in the console , the added client is not connected and i can't browse its files.

i tried bpdown /v /f and bpup /v /f

the service is unable to start.

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hi @Hamza_H 

Thank you for your reply.

Issue solved by running the web management console service with local administrator

than executed 

install_path\Veritas\Netbackup\bin\nbcertcmd -getCRL

"this command couldnt be executed with domain administrator"

now everything works fine.

thank you all for your help

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hamza_H
   VIP   

Hello,

You can go through the TN that @Marianne shared, also check if all services are started (especially nbatd)

Then try to reconfigure nbwmc with the commands: 

\NetBackup\wmc\bin\install\configureWmc
\NetBackup\wmc\bin\install\configureCerts
\NetBackup\wmc\bin\install\setupWmc

Question: did you try to start the service using services interface? do you get error 1053? 

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

@Riadh_R17 Also review Catalina logs under - C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\wmc\webserver\logs and share the observation and error message if you could find.

Hi @Tape_Archived 

Thank you for your reply,

Please to find attached the 02 last catalina log files (27 august and 26 august, i dont find catalina logs of these last days)

Besides, i can telnet on 1556 but not on 3652

Thank you

the attached catalina log files

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

Wel,l there are some exception and memory leak error messages that I am not familiar with in the logs. You may have to check if Java is correctly installed or configured by NetBackup. Open a case with support if you do not find anything further in OS events or other logs.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@Riadh_R17 

Have you tried @Hamza_H 's advice? 

hi @Hamza_H 

thank you for your reply,

yes i tried that procedure but always the same.

i tried to start the service manually using services interface and i get 1053 error

Hamza_H
   VIP   

when you tried to reconfigure nbwmc (configurewmc,setupwmc..) did you get any errors? did the commands completed successfully? have you tried to reboot the server? and also check if the user's password that is starting this service is not expired (if the password was chaged latelty, the service remains running but once it get restarted, it will fail, you need in this case to re-enter the new password)

Hi @Marianne 

Thank you for your reply,

Yes i followed the @Hamza_H advice and your links. always the same problem.

And even now i could not connect to console anymore i get "unale to login error 7656 the revocation status The revocation status of the host certificate can not be verified using the Certificate Revocation List (CRL), because the CRL is not update. It is older than seven days." 

i did to resolve the issue

C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin>nbcertcmd -getCRL 

but i get

nbcertcmd -getCRL fails with EXIT STATUS 5978

NetBackup authentication service is started

hi @Hamza_H 

Thank you for your reply.

Issue solved by running the web management console service with local administrator

than executed 

install_path\Veritas\Netbackup\bin\nbcertcmd -getCRL

"this command couldnt be executed with domain administrator"

now everything works fine.

thank you all for your help