cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Web-based Reporting tool

arvind2213
Level 2

Hi,

I found this web based Netbackup reporting tool, written in PHP and Perl and MySQL backend stores historic data.

Since i am new in PHP and Perl, wanted to check if i can use this tool to create the reporting tool for Windows 2008 / Netbackup 7.6 enviourment.

Attached are the file. Also interested to know if there is any other method for such reporting mechnanics for daily backup status.

Regards,

Arvind Singh

7 REPLIES 7

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

What about providing a name or web location where you found this tool ?

in these ransomware days I am not to keen in opening unknown files.

arvind2213
Level 2

I found this tool at Source Forge , here is the link http://sourceforge.net/projects/nbuwebreport/

Regards,

Arvind Singh

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I see Last Update: 

A lot has happened since 2013. But I wonder why you want to use these scrips when you can use Netbackup reporting tool "Opscenter" free of charge. 

Customs scripts is a cat chase after the mouse with regards to compatibility. Veritas will ensure OpsCenter is compatible with Netbackup.

You can find opscenter document here :

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000094423

arvind2213
Level 2

Yes, the script is last updated in 2013, we have had or say trying OpsCenter free version however finding difficulty to get the required output in readable manner.

Also second reason is this report will be generated for a group of audience, hence thought of custom scripts which can be inserted in a database on a portal (was my thought).

If there is any other method other than Opscenter which can be scripted to generate HTML report, please let me know.

Regards,

Arvind Singh

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

All information from OpsCenter is stored in a sybase (just like Netbackup EMM db). You can run youre own quries from the opscenter database.

That should - at least in theory - be the same work. More or less ;)

I not aware of any other tool that will generate html reports.

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Why not just export the relevant reports from OpsCenter to a share you webserver has access to, have used that approach before.

Better to use the Netbackup tools, especially if you are not skilled in the scripting language used in the custom solution.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

arvind2213
Level 2

Hi Michael,

Can you please give more details , didnt thought about that approach, also can you suggest Netbackup tools which i use to achive this requirement.

Regards,

Arvind Singh