cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Windows client Oracle lock files

albatroz19
Level 5

Hi,

on windows client, we backup an Oracle DB with catalog. It's backup about 1,6Tb and last week i found two of four jobs still writing but hanging. I've stopped the backup, and on ..\user_ops\dbext\logs there are 4 .lock files like this:

vxbsa.01651564654.23215.5151.files.1.lock

If i remember, when backup finish these lock files are canceled. I requested at dba admin to check rman session hangings and then i retried the backup. Now i have 8 lock files.

How i can resolve this issue?
I think that the lock still there, backup will fail.

Any suggest is accepted.

Thanks in advance, and Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Try using the suggestions made in this thread at SuperUser to identify what process are locking the files.

https://superuser.com/questions/117902/find-out-which-process-is-locking-a-file-or-folder-in-windows

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

My suggestions:

• Stop all Netbackup processes
  • Cancel remaining processes running - if any. I have seen bpbkar hang from time to time when resources on the client was low. Rman may hang as well - or may appear hanging if the recover catalogue isn't bein maintained,
  • Delete lock files.  

I don't recall leftover lock files will prevent new backups.

Hi Nicolai,
i've executed your steps but if i try to delete lock files, it's not permitted and i receive this message: "The action can't be completed because the file is open in OracleService"

Thanks & Regards,

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

That's new to me. Is Rman process still running ?

Hi Nicolai,
dba admin told me that he has deleted old process appended, but lock's files deletion, still not permitted.

Thanks & Regards,

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Try using the suggestions made in this thread at SuperUser to identify what process are locking the files.

https://superuser.com/questions/117902/find-out-which-process-is-locking-a-file-or-folder-in-windows