cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup access control problem

Dmitry_K
Level 4

I have two NBU master server, old (srv01) and new (srv02). The main idea is manual migrate all setting and fix this settings in the document.

Srv01 Master – Physical, SRV 2008R2, NBU 7.4 – upgrade to 7.6 – upgrade to 8.0 – upgrade to 8.1 + patches

Srv02 Master – VM, SRV 2016, NBU 8.1 + patches

MS AD– srv01.contoso.com, srv02.contoso.com

Access control (in the master server properties) – set to “Automatic” on the both servers

Srv01 and Srv02 access control configured as CONTOSO/USER_A, CONTOSO/USER_B in groups NBU_Admin and NBU_Security_Admin

Now I have two problems with access control.

First

I login in SRV01 and SRV02 as CONTOSO/USER_A

If I login in GUI on SRV01 with “Use Active Directory login credentials” – all work fine

If I login in GUI on SRV02 with “Use Active Directory login credentials” – all work, except security management

If I login in GUI on SRV02 without “Use Active Directory” chechbox, but with CONTOSO/USER_A username and password – all work.

The same situation with CONTOSO/USER_B – if he login with “Use Active Directory login credentials” – he have the message “You do not have access to Host Management / Certificate / Global security access”

Second

I use some scripts on SRV01, something like

cd “**\NetBackup\bin\admincmd”

bpimagelist.exe -d 01/01/2018 -e 03/27/2018

I do not have any problem on SRV01, and have authorization problem on SRV02 –I cannot run “bpimagelist.exe” before run “bpnbat –login”

Well, of course, I can rise uptime up to a maximum of 30 day, but I still work without bpnbat on SRV01. How I could configure it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you have NBAC configured, then best to log a Support call. 
IMHO, NBAC has been a mess since day 1. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

D_Flood
Level 6

Is UAC enabled on one and disabled on the other?  Both GUI and scripts can be affected if UAC is active and you haven't right-clicked and said "run as admin".

@D_Floodwrote:

Is UAC enabled on one and disabled on the other?  Both GUI and scripts can be affected if UAC is active and you haven't right-clicked and said "run as admin".

UAC settings were different (1 on old SRV01, 3 on SRV02), but there are no any effects, when I moved UAC to level 1 on SRV02 (and reboot server after that).

Marianne

If you have NBAC configured, then best to log a Support call. 
IMHO, NBAC has been a mess since day 1. 

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello,

agreed with Marianne, anytime when I upgraded NBAC-enabled Master, I got issues with logins or permissions.

Regards

Michal

Well, this problem connected with another -

I have import error, when I login with "use AD" checkbox

Initiation of bptm process to phase 1 import media id NNNNL5 failed: user id was not superuser.

BPCD on mybackup.contoso.com exited with status 140: user id was not superuser

and normal import, when I login as user@contoso.com and manual password

In the same time, import from storage work correct.