cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup admin console backup error

Jad_lebanon
Level 2
Dear,
I perform daily backup on tape from monday to Saturday.
Since last week, everytime i start the backup i get the following error: a pending action is associated with the resource request. User intervention may be required.
I move to device monitor and i find pending request from another tape (very old tapes).
I tried to deny request, assign.... It won't work because everytime i assign or deny i get another request from another tape.
I appreciate your help.
Sincerely.
Jad.
6 REPLIES 6

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Inventory your robot/library. NetBackup thinks those tapes are in robot/library, that is why it is trying to use them. Since they're old they would be expired and free to use.

If you mean right click media and then inventory robot it's all greyed out i can't click on anything as shown in the picture

Marianne

@Jad_lebanon 

Those media-id's look like the default media-id's that is generated for standalone tape drives.

Do you have a robot?
Or standalone tape drive where you manually insert a tape every day?

If you have a robot, then do this:
in Media and Device management go to Media.
In Media, select Robots and then TLD(0).
Right click on TLD and click on Inventory Robot.

Robot is there but nothing inside i have a standalone tape drive where i insert tapes.
One more thing, i tried to do inventory using cmd vmupdate i received the following error invalid robot type (12).

Marianne

So, you need to find a tape where all the images have expired or a new tape and insert that into the tape drive.

The tape that is currently in the robot can most probably not be appended to or is full.
NBU can only append if images on tape have same volume pool and same retention level as the new backup that needs to run.

Marianne